Friday, November 2, 2007

Update from the art world

Just thought I'd drop a line concerning the progress of our projects over here in the arts. The students are working on compiling their notebooks that will hold their research information. Some groups are doing a great job, some aren't. Such is the world of teaching. So, I'm prodding the groups that are slow in turning work in. Each student will be graded on their piece of the pie and then the group will get a grade on the overall organization, quality, and appearance of the notebook. I haven't yet decided if this notebook will also be translated into a science fair type display board. I want each group to create a monumental sized reproduction of their artists work. This will start next week, along with planning (storyboarding) our final presentations. I had a great conversation with one of the higher achieving groups, who have the perfect idea on how to present their findings. It will be either a Powerpoint or iMovie. I have advised all the groups to keep it simple. I told them it is their job to teach others in a simple, concise, and quick manner who their artist is and what makes their work unique to the ocean that inspired them. Who knows? It might actually work!

1 comment:

Ms. K. Diaz said...

I think your notebooks are excellent. They show a lot of effort and learning. During the presentation, the notbooks can be displayed. The artwork by the students should also be displayed. You project sounds great and very enjoyable!